LOW BACK PAIN TREATMENT IN OSWEGO, IL
There is no reason for anybody to suffer from back pain. This condition, while extremely common, is not a normal part of life and isn’t something that should be accepted as an unpleasant aspect of the human experience. Living with back pain can only lead the body down an unhealthy path of additional pain and increasingly restricted movement and activity.
Whether back pain has been caused by a sudden trauma or from age-related degeneration, it’s important to understand that there is an ever-growing list of healthy, conservative, and effective treatment options available. At Midwest Healthcare, we never give up when it comes to treating back pain, even in patients suffering from seemingly untreatable chronic pain and disability.
Causes of Back Pain
On a very basic level, back pain is the result of trauma or degeneration in any of the components of the back (spinal discs, muscles, etc.). The following is a list of some of the more common reasons that patients suffer from back pain:
- Disc Injuries
- Sciatica (often related to herniated or bulged spinal discs)
- Muscle/Ligament Injuries
- Spinal Stenosis
- Sports Injuries
- Auto Accident Injuries
Treatment for Back Pain at Midwest Healthcare & Physical Medicine
Some people suffer with acute back pain that resolves after a day or two without any form of intervention. This condition is usually related to muscle strain and doesn’t require medical attention. When pain lasts any longer than this, or when it is severe and/or disabling, it’s important to seek help as soon as possible.
Some patients come to our office in severe and disabling pain. Many medical establishments may consider surgery the next logical step. As part of our dedication to using the least invasive pain management strategies possible, we recognize the overwhelming body of research that plainly states that the vast majority of back pain cases do not require surgery.
The following is a more comprehensive view of the many treatment options for back pain in our rehabilitation office:
- Diagnosis: Our doctors oversee this process. Midwest Healthcare & Physical Medicine uses traditional x-ray technology and electrodiagnostic nerve testing. MRIs may be performed offsite and interpreted in our office.
- Chiropractic: Midwest Healthcare & Physical Medicine began as a chiropractic office over 5 years ago; we practice a form of chiropractic that is based on Biomechanics and Physics.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy is an essential component in fixing the underlying issues that cause back pain. Our office uses therapeutic exercise, ice and heat, and electrotherapy.
- Spinal Traction: This is used to remove the pressure on spinal nerves; it is an excellent treatment option for damaged spinal discs in the neck and lower back.
- Manual Therapy: Our therapist will used proven techniques to relieve muscle spasms and tension on the joints and discs.
You don’t have to suffer from back pain. Please get in touch with our pain management office as soon as you notice that back pain symptoms are not abating, or if you have been in pain for some time.